Thai Coconut Pumpkin Soup
* 3 tablespoons coconut oil
* 1 medium pumpkin, roasted, cubed
✨Veggies of choice. We used:
* 1 broccoli head
* 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
* 1 large yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
* 1 large lotus root, sliced
* 2 tomatoes, diced
* 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
* 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
* 6 tablespoons red curry paste
* 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 3 cups vegetable stock
* 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
* 4 teaspoons coconut sugar sugar
* 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
* 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil leaves
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
* 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* Slice pumpkin in half, coat with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 350 F for 35 minutes. Let cool to touch and roughly chop.
* Heat coconut oil in a large stockpot medium heat.
* Add vegetables and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
* Stir in red curry paste, ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
* Whisk in stock, tomato sauce, and coconut sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, about 10-15 minutes.
* Stir in coconut milk and roasted pumpkin. Simmer until reduced and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
* Remove from heat; stir in basil, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
* Serve over rice, pasta, or quinoa.