How to Use Your Gua Sha Stone
Gua Sha is rooted in traditional Chinese medicine used to improve circulation and promote healing throughout the body and face. Skincare benefits include: reduces puffiness, aids in lymphatic drainage, relieves muscle tension, tones, contours, and boosts blood circulation.
Known as the stone for prosperity, Green Aventurine represents, success, abundance, and good luck.
Apply our calendula oil to clean skin before beginning massage. Never use tool on dry skin. Gua Sha up to 3 times a week for best results.
1. Prepare skin: Cleanse face and press calendula oil into face, neck & shoulders. If desired, gently apply eye cream.
2. Spine: Press edge 1 upside down on the base of neck. Keep the tool flat against the skin, and stroke upward to hairline using medium presssure. When you hit bone, hold and massage by wiggling the tool side to side for 5-10 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.
3. Side Neck: Place edge 3 of Gua Sha flat against the shoulder and stroke upward until you reach the bottom of ear. Hold and massage; repeat 3-5 times to both sides.
4. Collar Bone: Repeat step 3 until you reach the bottom of jaw bone using edge 2. Support your skin with your other hand and reverse from jaw to collar.
5. Center neck: Use very gently pressure, stroke upward with edge 1 until you reach bottom of chin. Hold, massage, and repeat.
6. Jaw: Using edge 1, start at base of chin and stroke upward until you hit ear bone. Hold and massage; repeat 3-5 times on both sides.
7. Continue moving up to cheek with edge 2. Each time holding and massaging. Play with pressure that feels comfortable.
8. Eyes: Keep tool flat on edge 1 with light pressure. Work your way out and up to the temples; hold and massage. Repeat and switch sides.
8. Brow sculp: Gently press down between brows with hand. Work from center of brow with edge 1; stroke out and upward to temples. Hold, massage, repeat, and switch sides.
9. Forehead: Using edge 3 stroke upward and over the bone until you reach hairline and finish with massage. Repeat several times, each time move outward along the hairline. Repeat on other side.